This view of the Tolland Green was taken looking north. The first building on the left is the Tolland County Bank, built in 1829. Next to it is the Tolland County Courthouse, built in 1822. The building with the large sign suspended between posts is Colonel Elijah Smith’s tavern. Opposite these building is another tavern and jail. The Baptist Church, with a square tower, built in 1822, can be seen in the distance.